Why leave a job with comfort, security, authority, and familiarity? As I retired from the FBI after 20+ years of service (and a cumulative 32 years with local law enforcement and military service), I found myself too young to truly “retire” and too concerned to stop caring.
Determining the next challenge to which I could apply my cyber intelligence experience was not as easy as I thought it would be. But after six months of scrutinizing potential landing spots, I enthusiastically accepted my new role as VP of Cyber Operations at CybelAngel.
I have spent more than a decade developing my cyber threat intelligence experience and reputation, and I didn’t want to bring my expertise to just anyone. So why CybelAngel? I’ll answer with this: when you find a solution to a problem you care about, and you are in a unique position to help evolve that solution, and you believe in the team behind that solution, you need to listen to your gut.
CybelAngel is the most advanced threat intelligence platform detecting data leaks for enterprises across the U.S. and Europe. CybelAngel is so much more than a SaaS product – it is a sophisticated Big Data solution. Advanced AI and machine learning give the platform the ability to locate exposed data, process and score this data, and provide critical alerts to customers faster than any other platform I have seen. CybelAngel is supported by a formidable group of eager professionals with ethics and a purpose. I believe in what they do, how they do it, and why.
Yet what makes me most proud to join the CybelAngel team is their delivery of a unique solution to a market that so desperately needs to solve a critical problem. CybelAngel enables enterprises to discover whether their third-party vendors, consultants, and suppliers are exposing their sensitive data. The days of preoccupation with network perimeters are gone. Data is rapidly journeying outside enterprises’ networks aboard third parties’ unprotected connected devices. Enterprises could simply trust all the NDAs and T&Cs will be followed. They could trust their third parties are going to secure their valuable data.
But realistically, enterprises need to verify their third parties are maintaining the cybersecurity posture they expect from them. At the end of the day, it is the enterprise’s own reputation and bottom line which will suffer from third parties’ data leaks. Enterprises must accept responsibility for consistently and comprehensively monitoring every layer of the internet for their organization’s exposed information. I am confident CybelAngel is the very best solution to this problem, and I look forward to helping enterprises around the world solve it.
If you’d like to see your enterprise’s data leaks, request a custom demo of our data leak detection platform.
- VP of Cyber Operations for CybelAngel since January 2019.
- Retired from the FBI after 20+ years as an accomplished executive within cyber intelligence, counterintelligence, and counterterrorism branches.
- Previously the Deputy SAC of the FBI’s 4th largest field office (Chicago).
- Recognized expert in cyber and physical security, threat intelligence, risk analysis, compliance, insider threat identification and mitigation strategy.
- Holds four GIAC certifications in information and cyber security, an M.S. in Cyber Security from University of Maryland, and a B.S. in Law Enforcement Administration from Western Illinois University. Graduated from Carnegie Mellon University’s CISO-Executive Education Program.